New Member Program
The New Member Experience is based on Tri Sigma’s mission, vision and values. Our mission statement, the tenets for our existence, is to establish among its members a perpetual bond of friendship, to develop in them strong womanly character, and impress upon them high standards of conduct. We strive to achieve this by providing exceptional experiences that empower our members to change the world. The new member program is grounded in these tenets. Here is an overview.
- The ideal new member program is 6-8 weeks; however, it will never exceed 8 weeks.
- The program is designed to educate them on history, our values, operations and developing leadership and academic success skills.
- During those weeks, new members will be guided through nine online sessions that have complimentary in person group meetings.
- New members will receive a mentor (big sister) during her new member program who will support her not only in her new member education but getting to know members and acclimated with member responsibilities.
- New members will also have responsibilities which mirror those of the initiated members. This can include study hours, participation requirements, dues, holding leadership positions and most importantly upholding the standards of the Sorority.
Questions about the new member experience? Contact the chapter Vice President of New Member Education.
Tri Sigma's new member program is unique to each individual. We are a non-hazing organization, so none of the events are mandatory. We encourage our new members to come to every event they possibly can, however, so they can participate in every experience! Our program is focused on bonding, sisterhood, and values. Each new member can expect to learn a lot about themselves and about their sisters while they are accepted into the fold. They will learn how to work together, how to trust each other, and how to rely on their sisters throughout the sorority experience. They will also learn Sigma's values and how we as members apply them to our daily lives. The new member experience is about learning and growing as an individual as much as it is about fun and bonding!
Some of our events include dinners, craft nights, pasta parties, ice skating, bowling, picnics, games, and getting-to-know-you activities! Our new member program is filled with events 4-5 nights of the week, and we really encourage our members to have as much fun as they possibly can throughout the weeks of receiving gifts, getting to know new sisters, and spending time with one another. It is a truly unique experience that every sister in our organization looks back on fondly.